Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 Out with a....Bang!





We all deserve a new look every now and then.

This past weekend I felt the urge to make a change to my hair at a time when all hair salons were closed. After several failed attempts, I finally got the courage to cut my bangs and I went for it. With scissors in hand, I cut little by little, as hair fell in the sink. I stopped when I got to the length I was comfortable with, above the eye lid and below the eyebrow. At this length, I’m still able to sweep the bangs to the side for an alternative look.

Don't get confused, I'm no hairdresser. I'm just a girl with courage who loves to take risks (Only with hair that I know grows in fast! Otherwise, I would have waited for my hair stylist!).

Bangs provide a dramatic look for just about any face shape in any hair color. The right length will accentuate your eye shape, cheek bones, and a jaw line when paired with the right amount of make up. I would suggest a nude lip with eye popping liner and eye shadow.

One tip: Be careful not to get scissor happy, or else this can happen...

It's ok if your Katy Perry or going for a retro look. If not, then be prepared to rock a pulled back ponytail for 4 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I think if the bangs fit, then they fit!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abigail. Thanks for your comment! I agree but it also depends on who's wearing them.

    ReplyDelete